Monday, March 5, 2012

Nail Friends, Assemble! Vol. 1: Polish Love

Happy Monday, Nail Friends!

Today I have something very special for all of you! And what could that be, you may ask? Well, Holy Blogger Interview, Nail Friends, AOTNF is doing a spotlight! Demi from Polish Love (also known as Voir la Beaute on facebook) and I swapped interviews and I had so much fun talking with her! So without further ado, let's hear more about this fantastic blogger!



Voir la Beaute's Burberry Inspired Nails




AOTNF: So what made you decide to start your blog?


VLB: I have been into nail polish and doing designs on my nails since I was about 13. I always had color coordinating designs and colors to my outfits (I know, I know). People LOVED my nails. Then, in 11th grade I just kind of stopped. 

In August, I met up with an old friend and she had crackle nail polish on. I hadn't heard of it coming back into style. I was annoyed with myself! How could I have let one of my hobbies/passions go down the drain?

Thus, I got back into the swing of painting my nails and perusing nail blogs again. That's when I decided to start my own! I am so happy I did. I LOVE the nail community. =] (Sorry for the short essay haha).

AOTNF: The community is great, isn't it? What inspires you to paint your nails?

VLB: Many things inspire me. My outfits, designs on things like mugs and pillowcases and nature! I love seeing what I can re-create. 

AOTNF: I absolutely love the Burberry nails we featured in this interview! You know your way around polish! What do you use in your manicure regimen besides nail polish? (Cuticle creams, hand lotions etc.)

VLB:  Lately I have obsessed about keeping the skin near the sides of my free edge moisturized. I use Sally Hansen's Vita Surge Cuticle Gel, Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream, Julep's Glow On hand Brightener and Cocoa Butter. I usually put the cocoa butter on after a I shower and before bed. 

AOTNF: I've been seeing the Vita Surge gel gaining some love. I should check that out! Now, I have a very serious question for you. What....is your Quest? Wait...wrong question. What is your favorite nail polish color that you've used?

VLB: Gah! I'm sorry I asked you this. My favorite color has got be Nerd Lacquer's Warrior Ethos. I have it on right now (for like the 15th time). I'm going to have to buy backup bottles at this rate. 

AOTNF: Such a great color! Still on my wishlist for sure! If you could have any bottle of polish magically appear in your hand right now, what would it be?

VLB: Nerd Lacquer's Don't Blink! I'm so sad I didn't get it. I think I die a little inside every time I see swatches of it. 

AOTNF: It is a gorgeous color. She'll open again soon! And finally, what would you consider your personal geekery?

VLB: I love Sci-fi and Jane Austen, so when the Seth Grahame-Smith books came out (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, etc) I was stoked! Haha. Also, I am so addicted to Firefly. Browncoats 

AOTNF: Allow me to geek out with you a moment...omg Firefly! Definitely Browncoats! I died watching Castle when Nathan Fillion dressed up as Mal for a halloween episode! Thank you so much for doing this interview with me!


Nail Friends, this is not a blog to miss! Take a look at Polish Love at: http://voir-la-beaute.blogspot.com/ and friend her on Facebook too! She's just announced once she hits 100 fans she'll hold a Deborah Lippman giveaway! That's pretty exciting!



Until next time, Nail Friends!
Same nail polish place, same nail polish channel!



No comments:

Post a Comment